What is CSA?
CSA is COMMUNITY SHARED AGRICULTURE
A group of individuals pledge support to a local farm operation so that the food produced is ‘shared’ among the group. Both the grower and consumers share the risks and benefits of food production. Members buy their ‘share’ in the spring, paying for their summer’s produce when funds are needed to start a new year of growing.
In return, members receive:
- weekly shares in the farm’s bounty throughout the growing season
- the satisfaction gained from reconnecting to the land and participating directly in food production
By direct sales to community members, who have provided the farmer with working capital in advance, growers:
- receive better prices for their crops
- gain some financial security
- are able to concentrate on crop production instead of marketing
Ready to join our CSA?
CSA gives you the chance to choose HOW your food is grown!
- Enjoy pesticide free, locally grown, freshly harvested produce
- Help support local small farmers
- Keep food dollars local
- Fresh produce, WEEKLY, without long and sometimes disappointing waits at the Farmer’s Market
- Good for you and better for the environment
- People who join CSAs find a meaningful way to reunite with the Earth, develop a sense of community and discover a kind of spiritual nourishment which they have been missing
Our program will run 8 weeks starting July 7.
You will be able to choose to pick up at the farm on Tuesday between 4:00 – 6:00 pm, or pickup Thursday at the Cold Lake Farmer’s Market between 3:30 – 6:30 pm.
If you are unable to make pick up ( ie you are on holidays) have a friend come and get your portion (just please let me know of the arrangements). If you don’t make pick up hours you forfeit your share for that week.
- A small basket costs $240 per season. It delivers 7-11 items per week, with an average cost of $30/week.
- A large basket costs $420 per season. Delivers the same 7-11 items per week but in bigger quantity, with an average cost of $52.50/week.
Fall BasketsNew this year!
- New this year is Fall baskets! This will run for 4 weeks starting September 1.
Small $120 | Large $210